Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Is it possible to create labels from a word doc list?

Is the list in the form of a table with the first row of the able containing
the field names? If not, select the list and use the Convert to Table
option on the Tables menu to convert it into a table, inserting a row at the
top into which you type the field names if necessary.

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CarolB" wrote in message
I want to do a Mail Merge and make filing labels - Avery 5866. My data
source is a list in a word document. I have tried several ways with no
success. I was able to do a Mail Merge when I made address labels.