Dee

Default CURSOR VANISHES; TYPING STOPS

While I am typing, both in Word and in my Earthlink email program, the cursor
will frequently vanish from the page. The text stops being entered when the
cursor disappears. I have to click on the mouse to return the cursor to the
screen. Sometimes the cursor returns to the last letter typed; sometimes it
returns to the location of the I-bar. It is completely maddening! I do not
have my fingers on or near a touchpad when this happens; there is not another
mouse/computer hooked up in the house. I am using an optical mouse, but this
happened when I had a "regular" mouse as well. Suggestions?