Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sean sean is offline

Default Batch Exporting Excel Tables to a Word Document

Thanks, macropod.

I don't think linking to the Excel document will work because I just want to
send the Word documents to a client. Having to also send the Excel workbooks
will be too much of a hassle for this technically-disabled client.

Any idea on how I do this with a macro? I know a little bit about macros but
have not done much work with them and have never created my own before. Any
guidance you could give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Sean,

One way to expedite the process is with a macro. It could be in either your Word Document or your Excel Workbook and, although the
code would execute in much the same fashion, you'd need different code depending on which app does the automation.

Another way, if your data ranges in Excel are named, is to Copy one such range in Excel, then use Edit|Paste Special|Link in Word
(choose whatever format you want). In Word you could then:
.. press Alt-F9 to expose the field coding
.. copy & paste the link field as many times as needed
.. edit the named ranges in the field copies
.. press F9 to update the links, then Alt-F9 again to toggle the field code display off.
At this point, your Word and Excel files are linked so that any changes in the Excel file will be reflected in Word. You may or may
not want that. If not, select the linked objects and press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to break the links.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]