Replace ^p with ^l; then replace ^l^l with ^p. This will give you each
record in a separate paragraph. Convert Table to Text separating at
paragraphs and using the appropriate number of columns.

Better still substitute tabs for the line breaks, and separate at the tabs
to make a row for each record. This will create a database that you can use
as a mail merge data source for not only the current label layout but any
other that may be needed (or envelopes or letters or anything else).

"Dan_unique" wrote in message
I have "records" that contain varying number of lines of text in each
record. Each line has a carriage return at the end (^p). Each record is
separated by two carriage returns (or I could put in a delimeter such as

the
pipe symbol on this line if it helps).

I want to put each "record" in its own cell when I convert text to table.

If
I do the straightforward conversion, each line in each record is in its

own
cell.