Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Password Length...

I set a password on a Word 2003 document. The password is 17 characters and
is secure (CAPS, LC, NUM, CHAR). I know what I typed (twice). Now it will
not open by that password. I made a backup copy of the document before the
password change, I can get into that one. My question is this... is there a
password length limitation for Office 2003 docs? Is 16 characters the
longest length you can use?

Like I said, I am able to get into my backup copy, so nothing is lost. This
is more of an informational question to keep my sanity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M.