Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Data Source / Address Block Question

Don't use the AddressBlock field. Just insert the merge fields that you
want into the mail merge main document in the configuration that you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Daniel" wrote in message
Hello,

I created a merge doc which gets it data source from a text file generated
from another app.

In the body of the document I inserted an address block and formatted
itthe way I need it. I then noticed that although I had specified to
include the Postal code, it was not appearing. I then figured out that it
wasn't matching up my column headings from the data source with that of
the Postal Code field for the merge. So I manually matched up the info
and save the template. After that the merge worked perfectly.

However, whenever I run the merge I always have the re-match the fields.
Why isn't it saving the match that I setup? How can I get it to save the
association?

Thank you,