vrk1

Thanks for responding to my post.

I had the same opinion too. However, I am thinking Word 2000 should offer a
better "compare documents" feature (like in Word 2003) compared to Word 97,
right? No. I am seeing that Word 2000 behaves different from Word 97 and
2003 when it compares to document comparison.

Somebody prove me wrong. I am confused!

"vrk1" wrote:

This was a question posted here already by someone - I am experiencing the
same problem as this person. I am reposting this to see if there is a
solution to this problem:
When I use the compare feature in a document created and compared in Word
2000, it basically strikes out everything as if it all changed, then puts
everything back as if it was all new. I had someone send this same document
to me, except that it was created and compared using Word 97, and it looked
more like it should - just crossing out or adding language that was actually
different.

Is there a way for me to change my settings in Word 2000 after I have
document created so that it displays like Word 97 when compared?

I tried the following:
1. Attempted to compare these two documents in Word 2003 - it compared the
way it should like in Word 97. However, Word 2000 comparison was wierd!!

2. Made sure that Track changes is not highlighted in Doc 1 and Doc 2,
Accepted all the changes and copied and pasted both the documents into a new
document (minus the last paragraph mark). Compared Doc 1 with Doc 2 using
Word 2000 - Same result!

Is there something wrong with Word 2000 comparison feature? (How can it
work in Word 97 and 2003 but not in 2000???)

Thanks for your responses.