Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SinErgi SinErgi is offline

Default Word 2003 Text Flow

Hello DeanH

thanks for the help.

I used your method described below by opening the styles and formatting task
bar and right clicking on Heading1ModifyFormatParagraph and then ticking
'Page Break Before' and as my list was numbered, that placed each number 1-6
at the top of the following 6 pages and doesn't move while typing on the page
I am using.

As a result it spread the initial list (a sort of index of pages) I just
re-typed this list on page 1, numbered them again and altered the subsequent
page headings numbers to re-start at 1-6 (instead of 7-13) and it works!

Thanks for getting me there.

To correct what you are experiencing, you can format the Heading 1 style
with a Format attribute of Page Break Before (found under Format, Paragraph,
Line and Page Breaks tab), this will ensure that each Heading will start at
the top of a new page.