Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default renaming word files

Are the files named *exactly* as you have shown them or are they named with
the names of the persons eg GrahamMayor1.doc DougRobbins2.doc etc?

As Doug indicates it would be possible to use a batch process to rename
files, but if they are named as you have indicated
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php is by far the simplest way
to rename the files (and infinitely faster than using a Word macro to do
so).

s wrote:
I have 1000 word documents named PersonFirstNameLastName1.doc,
PersonFirstNameLastName2.doc, PersonFirstNameLastName3.doc ...
PersonFirstNameLastName1000.doc

Now, I have to rename them to Document1.doc,
Document2.doc...Document1000.doc respectively

Is there a way I can do it? If so, what are they? Do some renaming
utilities exist which does that or do I need to do some sort of
scripting to achieve that?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks