Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Mystry Line at Top of Page

Or it could be a partial page border, which is even more likely.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Since it's on every page, it's definitely part of the header. The fact
that you can't select it indicates that it's a paragraph border. Select
the entire header text, go to Format Borders & Shading, and select None.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

whelp wrote:
Hi,

same problem occurred here - a mysterious line appeared on every page
of a 39-page document, above the header. It does not show in Normal
View, but appears on the Print Layout&generated PDFs. It cannot be
selected, not even from the header/footer (I'm using Word 2003).
Could you offer any advice?

"Jitty" wrote:

Phil/Luc
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here? A colleague is
experiencing the same problem - a strange line across the top of the
page outside the margin, with a table on the page itself. I've tried
all Luc's suggestions but none of them have worked. Can you suggest
anything else, please.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Janet

"luc" wrote:

Phil H,
Maybe the line is in the header of your document? Go to View -
header and footer - delete it there. Or maybe the line has been
drawn using the drawing toolbar. If so click on the select button
of the drawing toolbar (white arrow), now try to click on the line,
if you can select it just press delete.
Could also be a border line in the paragraph, click in the paragraph
(above/beyond) the closest to the line and hit ctrl+q.
If this does not help, report back.

Luc Sanders (MVP - PowerPoint)

"Phil H" schreef in bericht
A horizontal line appears across the entire page. There is a
table below the
line. I cannot figure where the line is coming form. How do I
delete it?