Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How do you make headers so they can be copied and pasted?

Do you have a table in the header? If so, just click on the table and the
box will appear, just like it does anywhere else. If you don't have a table
in the header, it cannot appear because the headers don't have tables unless
you have inserted one.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"john319" wrote in message
Pam,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. The square box with a little T in
it/the
table handle--how do you create one for the header? In addition to
copying/pasting, I believe the table handle when right-clicked can also do
things like insert rows and delete cells within the header.

Thanks again!

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Click in the header and press Ctrl+a, Ctrl+c to select all and copy what
you
selected. You can paste what you copied just about anywhere. By the way,
the
little square box you describe sounds like a table handle. Headers can
contain tables, but they don't have to.

Pam

john319 wrote:
I created a header in MS Word 2003 but it won't let me copy and paste.
That
little square box that appears in the upper left corner that allows to
right-click copy/paste does not show. How do make the header so it can
be
copied and pasted? Thanks.