Doug Freese

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
FWIW, how do you convert your documents to PDF? Beceause, if you have,
say, Acrobat (the full version), you _can_ in fact test what anyone
else sees: IIRC, somewhere in the View menue, you can specify to "Use
local fonts" when opening a PDF in Acrobat, which you would *not* want
to do for your purpose.

Hi Robert,
There is such a set of fonts, but I don't really know where to look
for right now.

If anyone does know......

FWIW, how do you convert your documents to PDF?

I only have the free reader. Haven't be able to justify the full short
for what I do. I purchased "adoc2pdf" converter for the little bit of
PDF work that I need. In addition, if I did use the full shot, I would
never be able to give up this newsletter when I grow tired of it. I'm
trying to keep the job simple and contained within Word which is at
least popular.

It sure would be nice if Word had a save as PDF option. About as likely
as security being added to the Windows operating system.

Of course, if you have Acrobat, you can also specify in your
joboptions that the fonts shall be included (fully or as a subset), so
that anyone opening this file should see what you intended to!

I don't have it but I do have friends with full Adobe but my concern
would be size. Including all or some of the fonts might just blow up the
size of the file such that some of the ISPs would balk at its size or
those with dial-up would need tickets to a movie while downloading.
The file even in compressed PDF format is hefty and I'm trying to keep
it streamlined.

Thanks for your time.

-Doug