Doug Freese

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Then you might want to have a look at the site of whoever
sold/supports this adoc2pdf. They should know whether it's possible to
embed and/or subset fonts.

Since looking at what seems to apply across operating systems. i.e. very
limited I will look into embeding fonts. Should be an easy tast to see
what the grow is.

I agree it would be nice. Security seems to be constantly added to the
Windows operation system. Hackers are adding constantly, too :-(

Now let's be a little realistic, there is very little security and what
they do add are Band-Aids that come as patches. It would take a major
rewrite to the OS which Mr. Gates et al. does not want to spend now. He
is a little busy tilting and the European anti-trust people. I used
to work in Operating Systems and when the government is a customer you
secure first and then ask if it's too much..

One or two embedded fonts, even without subsetting, doesn't bloat your
file. And if you are using too many fonts, you might want to
reconsider anyway, from a typographical standpoint. Rule of thumb: Use
1 or 2 fonts at max for anything you do (that has nothing to do with
PDF :-)).

The vast majority of the doc is Arial and Times with variations of size,
bolding and underlining. For he lead-in and highlighting important
things I like to toss in a different font. At most it would 4 but I do
know how irritation a doc can be when one changes fonts too frequently.

Ok, thanks for your help. I have enough to go and hang myself.

-Doug