Legalsecretarywannabe

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You need to set the line spacing in the paragraph style you are using to
match the numbering along the side. (Also the spacing between paragraphs.)
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Legalsecretarywannabe"
wrote in message ...
When I prepare a legal pleading the first line of text is slightly above
the
number "1" in the left margin - and the lines are not the same distance
apart
as the numbers in the margin, so that only about 2 out of 10 lines are
actually lined up properly. How do I synchronize these things?

Thanks - except it doesn't seem to work - perhaps I just can't find the correct combination of settings. Also, is there a way to do it for the whole document at once, given that there are single space sections and double space sections?