Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default object link to password protected document

Describe the steps you took to insert this object and in which Word version.
Here you get a prompt for the password when the linked object is inserted
and on subsequent opening of the document.

Jason wrote:
When I create an object in a word document, that links to a password
protected document, click on object, it opens file without asking for
password credentials. If file is opened any other way it asks for
password credentials or open read only, and that is what I want