Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
john of york john of york is offline

Default Word XP subscript/superscript font effect

suzanne
thanks for that.
the effect occurs if we use Format | Font but not if we use Ctrl+= or Ctrl++
shortcut.
if it's a macro, it must be one which is installed centrally, since all our
users seem to be similarly afflicted, but i can certainly investigate that.

john

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The default *is* to use the same font, so you must have some macro in force
to change the font. How are you applying the subscript/superscript format?
Using the keyboard shortcuts? Does the same thing happen if you use the
Format | Font dialog?

"john of york" wrote in message
how can I set Word XP so that subscript or superscript uses the CURRENT

font?
for example, at the moment if i use Arial and want to subscript some text,
the default font for the subscript is Helvetica. each time I have to

change
the font back to Arial.
I'd much prefer the default to use the same font, execpt for odd occasions
when I do want to change it.
thanks
john