Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SLK SLK is offline

Default How to attach a document in an e-mail merge

I was not able to follow all of these instructions completely from the link
provided. I feel like I was missing some steps. Specifically, when setting
up a Catalogue (Directory) are you suposed to create a table to put this
information into or is it suposed to pop up automatically?

Since it did not pop up that way, I created a table and was able to get the
e-mail address in cell one, however how do you get the path for the document
you want attached into the second cell? Not sure how to attach a file path
there, I simply typed in the path but feel that is not the correct thing to
do?

Once I merged it into a new document and saved it, I tried to run a macro in
my original e-mail merged document but have never used macro's before so I
really have no idea how to attach this newly created file to my original
document.

Any advice?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"SLK" wrote in message
I am doing an e-mail merge from word and pulling information from an excel
document. I want to attach a document (survey) that the recipient will
open,
fill out and return. Can you attach a document in the body of the e-mail
merge?

The document (survey) is dynamic with fill in the blanks and selecting
appropriate boxes - therefore it must to be attached so that this feature
will work as opposed to being in the body of the e-mail. I am using the
2003
version.

Thanks for any help I can get.