Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joergen Bondesen

Default Mail Merge problem with File Conversion

Hi NG.

I am having problems with Mail Merge.

I am living in Denmark, but are using UK MS-Office 2003 and UK Windows XP,
SP2.

When I merge manual with a text file, I get this dialog box: "File
Conversion" where Text encoding is "Other encoding" (Japanese (Shift-JIS)).

This shut be "Windows (Default)" because in Denmark, we are using sign such
as æ, ø and å and they must not be displayed as strange sign, e.g. square.
Customer is not happy about this.

I have a lot of Mail Merge, and therefore I am merging automatically, so how
do I tell Word to use "Windows (Default)".

E.g. Text-file:

No;FirstName;LastName

4232;Jørgen;Åmund

--