Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default How do I allow editing in a header in a protected form/document?

Even if a protected form has unprotected sections, there are several
operations that are disabled, incl. editing headers and footers.

I can think of the following solution:

1. In the top (not the header) of page 2 (section 2), inserted a text form
field. Format the field with at style that will only be used for that field.
In this example, the style is named €śMyStyle€ť. You need to tell the user what
to type in the field. You could e.g. insert a default text that says
something like €śEnter the header text to be inserted in Section 2€ť.

2. In the header of section 2, insert a StyleRef field that refer to
€śMyStyle€ť. The field code will look like this:

{ StyleRef "MyStyle" }

See Words help on the StyleRef field if you need more information.

The StyleRef field will automatically be updated when the text form field
(Step 1) is changed.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"PBManon" wrote:

I'd like the users to be able to type information into the header on the
second page (such that the header ibnfo carrries forward). The page 2 header
is in its very own section already. Each time I apply protection to the
document (and exclude that section from protection) the header remnains
locked. I'm making an inspection form where the info on page one is formatted
differently from the info on the supplimental pages. Is there another way to
do this if I cannot allow protected header entering?