Daiya Mitchell

Glad you fixed it.

You can also use Insert | File and check the box to "link", just by the way.
If you have bookmarks set up, they should appear at the bottom of the
dialog, to be selected for an IncludeText field that doesn't include the
whole file. (at least in MacWord 2004). That puts the path in
automatically.

I think I'm saving your messages as reminder notes for a possible how-to on
includetext fields, if you don't mind.

DM

On 4/19/05 4:05 PM, "robfer" wrote:

I fixed my own problem. The solution is to update a field immediately after
inserting it, by clicking in the field and then pressing F9. After I did this
to each of the fields that wasn't working before, they all worked. That is,
clicking in a field and pressing SHIFT+F9 toggled between the field codes and
the inserted text.

Of course, each time you change the source text or the path to it, you'll
need to update the destination fields again.

What's more, I discovered that the way you create an IncludeText field is
irrelevant, as long as the result is a proper field (with the correct syntax
and path). Whether I started a field by pressing CTRL+F9 (to create a blank
field with brackets) and then typing in the rest, or inserted an IncludeText
field from the Insert menu, or typed or copied the path between the field
brackets { }, the resulting field always worked, as long as I updated it
right after creating it.

Again, thanks. Now I really think this will work.

Rob