Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lily@Insight

Default AN SQL query as a data source for a word MAIL MERGE

Hope someone can help me out here ... this is something that causes me all
sorts of frustration and a very silly thing.
If I create a query in SQL, and in the DESIGN VIEW the fields selected are
ordered in a particular way
eg. ID FirstName LastName Company
THEN when I hit the VIEW DATA button the data itself - appears in a totally
different column order
eg LastNAME Company FirstNAME ID
And then - when I link the datasource to a word mail merge document the
field order once more - appears in a totally random manner
eg COMPANY ID LASTNAME FIRSTNAME

This is fine when there are only four fields selected - but I have queries
with upwards of 35 fields.
This is really giving me the major IRRITS!
If anyone can help - I would be most grateful

Thanks
Lily