Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Hughes Bob Hughes is offline

Default Automatic numbering

"Graham Mayor" wrote in
:

That particular technique is more concerned with invoice/order
numbering (and you could store the number in a file rather than the
registry - though what the problem with storing things in the registry
is I cannot imagine. All applications store information in the
registry. That's what it is for.)

However for your particular requirement
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm would be a simpler
alternative.

Thank you both for replying. I actually went ahead & created an Excel file
with the number sequence & then did a mail merge. This has the added
advantage of creating the exect number of tickets I required.

I did write a function to incriment number & then insert it, but I could
not figure how to call it from word. I tried {=TicketNumber()} but that did
not work, so I took the path of least resistance :-)

Bob