Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AmeliaT AmeliaT is offline

Default Preview Layout being annoying

super, that's very helpful, thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This sounds like Reading Layout or Full Screen Reading view. It affects only
documents opened from email attachments. You can avoid it by disabling it
(Tools | Options | General in Word 2003 or Office Button | Word Options |
Popular in Word 2007) or by saving the attachment to the HD before opening
it.

"AmeliaT" wrote in message
When I open documents for the first time in word, it automatically opens
them
in some sort of preview mode, with all the text too big and on two pages,
which i have to close before I can see the document as it should appear.

Can anyone tell me how to stop it from doing this, as I never use this
layout?

Thanks!