Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word 2007, cannot double click on DOC file to open it

Hi Ian,

Check in the Programs listing in the control panel to see if there are other Office XP/2002 apps listed.

If you upgraded Office 2007 over Office XP/2002 it would only remove apps it had replacements for, not the entire product as part of
upgrading.

========
"Ian" wrote in message ...
I've uninstalled Office 2002 and installed Offics 2007. For Word 2007, when
I double click on a file with the extension .DOC, a window opens with the
following message:

The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or ... Inset the "Microsoft
Office XP Professional with FrontPage' disk and click OK.

I have Vista Home Premium on my computer. Can anyone explain what is
causing this hiccup and how to correct it?

Thanks,

Ian
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)