Pinky

Default Help! Word document Protection

I created a document that is going to be used as a instruction manual and I
need the first page to be protected so that only form fields are being
changed in the document. The subsequent pages are tables and within these
tables are photos inserted for visual aid in the instruction. The problem
I'am finding is this:

I inserted a section break on page 1 of the document and initiated the
"Protect Document" option on section 1 of the document.

Now on the following pages, that I will be entering photos and text, are
still showing that the document is locked. I can still insert photos and text
into the tables but I cannot use the "Auto Shapes" option in MS Word.

Is this option not available on section 2 when a document is locked for
section 1 only?
How can I set this document up and still protect page 1 and still allow for
use of "AutoShapes" etc... on the following pages.