Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Deleting a Footnote

Worse, if you _move_ a footnote while tracking changes, it insists on
keeping the numbering of the "deleted" copy _and_ a new number for the
"inserted" copy.

On May 7, 3:44*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you are tracking changes, the footnote will not be permanently deleted
until you have accepted all the changes.

"ub" wrote in message

In my document, I have footnotes.
I am trying to delete a footnote. So I go in the doument and delete a
footnote. Footnote is deleted from the doument, but it stays in the
footnote
window.
Ex *: if I have deleted footnote number#11. the footnote window still
shows
the footnote and now when I try to put another foot note in the same place
deleted the footnote, the new footnote gets numbererd #11 and the old
footnote that should have been deleted gets new number12.
Can you please advise how to correct this problem.-