Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default Shading Title at top of page

I can't find my question that I posted yesterday, even with searching my
name. Don't know what happened to it. Anyway, I'm using Word 2003 and I've
encountered this issue with previous versions, as well. My document is
several pages and sometimes has page breaks. I have a title at the top of
the page before every page break. I shaded the title black which extends
from margin to margin. That's fine. But the problem is that it also shades
the page break black! If I remove the black strip at the bottom of the page,
the black shading goes from the title at the top of the page. I would be
deeply greatful to have this resolved because it's been an annoying feature
for a few years! First time I'm posting a question on it! Thanks. Connie