Fred via OfficeKB.com

Default trouble importing excel files into the word mailmerge

Thanks for the information, Myrna. I am afraid that it is a program file that
I was missing when the original MS Office was installed. I think that I have
bigger problems, since my disc drives are not responding either. I am moving
on. Thanks for all your help.

Myrna wrote:
HI - I'm not an MVP....but I've done a lot of mail merges with Excel as the
file containing my data. I save the Excel file as .xls. When I get to the
step where I specify the input file, I browse to the file and select it. I
don't use the Import capability at all.

Myrna

I read the selection that you provided, but it does not go into the format
that you must save the file in excel in for it to be accessible to word. My

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
format. What format does it have to be in? Probably a stupid question, but
not getting it...