Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian[_6_] Ian[_6_] is offline

Default Is there no PasteSpecialAsUnformattedText command?

CTRL + ALT + V brings up the paste dialog, scroll down once, and it is done.

-OR-

Make a macro as follows (Word 2007)

Alt + F11

Copy and Paste the Following:

Sub PasteUnformatted()
Selection.PasteSpecial _
DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End Sub

To assign a shortcut key:

Office Button Word Options Customize Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Press M twice Then, Press New Shortcut Key Alt + F2, for example.

Every time you press Alt + F2 it will paste unformated.

"Square Peg" wrote:

I do a lot of cut-and-paste from other applications such as IE and
Excel. Most of the time, I want to do a Paste Special and select the
Paste as Unformatted Text option.

I would like to assign this to a keyboard shortcut. I was unable to
find a command for this operation. Does one exist?

If not, is the next best option to write a little macro and assign
that to the shortcut?

Thanks