Word does not ordinarily justify the last line of a paragraph unless you
have inadvertently applied "Distribute Paragraph" (Ctrl+Shift+J) instead of
Justify (Ctrl+J). You may want to display nonprinting characters and make
sure that your paragraph actually ends with a paragraph break. If it ends
with a line break, you would see the behavior you describe.

"jcs1317" wrote in message
In some cases when I am justifying a paragraph, the last line is also
justified and if there are only a few words in the line, it looks very
strange with all of the spaces between the words.

However at other times, the last line is unjustified even though the rest

of
the paragraph is; so I know there is a way to keep the last line from
justifying but I have been unable to find the propertechnique to do it.