Graham Mayor

If you know which Works version created the files you can install the
appropriate converter - most of them are linked from the downloads page of
my web site.

rck wrote:
The header is "Can I convert .wps to .doc?" Your answer said to
install "it" without saying what "it" was. I assumed you meant
installing Word.

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see how you disagree. I said that Works (which produced the
.wps files) will run under Windows XP. Nowhere was Word mentioned
(by me or the OP). In fact, questions about Works per se are OT in
this NG, but the OP didn't mention Works or conversions. I suspected
that the OP thought that the files were somehow magically produced
by Windows, unaware that they were
created in Works.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"rck" wrote in message
link.net...
I disagree. I have Office Pro 2000 running under XP and I can't
open wps extension files. Is there a wps to doc conversion utility
out there somewhere?

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Your .wps files are created by Works, which will run as well under
Windows XP as under Windows 98, but you have to install it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"XPnewbie" wrote in message
I've been using Windows 98 and have many files in .wps format. Is
there a way
to re-format them in Windows XP to be readable?