Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny Lenny is offline

Default Percent formatted field makes me enter as .10

Lenny he
Graham - I too have the same problem, however, when I copied your code into
my module, I started getting errors when trying to run the code. It did not
like the second to last End Sub= statement (indicating it could only be used
with comments), when I deleted it and ran the code, it did not care for the
If sRes = Int(sres) ... at that point, I thought I would come back to the
source. I am running Word 2003. Regards

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you want to enter 10 and have it display as 10% you are going to need
perform a calculation on that field which will need vba. The following macro
run on exit from the form field in question (which should be set as text
type) will allow you to enter 10 to produce 10% and 10.5 to produce 10.5%
etc. when you tab out of that field. The macro assumes the field is
bookmarked Text1

Sub Percentage()
Dim oFld As FormFields
Dim sRes As String
Dim sDec As String
Set oFld = ActiveDocument.FormFields
sRes = oFld("Text1").Result
If InStr(1, sRes, "%") Then
sRes = replace(sRes, "%", "")
End If
If sRes = Int(sRes) Then
sDec = "###%"
Else
sDec = "###.##%"
End If
oFld("Text1").Result = Format(sRes / 100, sDec)
End Sub= Format(sRes / 100, "###.00%")
End Sub

lauralee08 wrote:
I have my form field set up as a percent, in Excel I am used to just
entering "10", and it will convert to "10%" or "10.00%", but Word is
changing that same entry to "1000%". It makes me enter as ".10",
which is just stupid that I have to do that only in Word and nowhere
else. Does anyone know a way to change this so I can enter 10 and
get 10%?