Sam

They WERE the gridlines!

Thanks!

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Maybe then the cells in Excel do not have any borders and it's just the
table gridlines that are showing. You can stop them from displaying by
selecting Hide gridlines from the Table menu in Word. They do not however
print and only display on the screen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sam" wrote in message
Sam: What method are you using to paste the table, and what version of
Word
(though I'm not sure it matters; we'll ask anyway)?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

I am using method 1, Ctrl+C. I am using Word 2000 [9.0.2720].

It seems that this link doesn't address how to remove Excel formatting
once
the data is copied into Word.

Please Help