Jezebel

Non-breaking hyphens and spaces are mono-spaced on my system if I'm using
Courier New.

"jamesdavidhoward" wrote in
message ...
Other editors I've used have the ability to select a "word" (short

sequence
of text, really) and specify "keep together on one line". This is often

used
for "words" that are mixtures of letters and special characters, but which
should be kept together. For example, make sure that a compiler command

line
option example is not broken between the hyphen and the following

letters -
example "-ipo". Turning the hyphen into a "non-breaking hyphen" does not
work well, as the displayed character is no longer monospace (even though
"Courier New" is being used).

I'm using Word 2003, and am aware of the special case no-breaking space,

and
(peculiarly-operating) non-breaking hyphen, but these are only special

cases
of a general problem of "keep characters together on a line" I'm looking

for
a way to solve.

I've tried using zero-width non-breaking space, but I cannot get that to

do
what I'd like - or to solve the general problem.