Island Girl

When I open Word, Click on File at the top, then go to the bottom of the
dropbox where docs are listed 1,2,3, etc. I put the curser on the title I
want deleted, and press Ctl. As soon as I press the Alt key with the Ctl key
down, the dropbox disappears, and I have to click on File again to show it.
I did read the article linked to in Charles' reply, but I can't get it to
work. This is not a toolbar button, but a listing at the bottom of the
dropdown box when you open Word, and click File.
Any suggestions as to why I cannot get the results that you and Charles
think I should be getting???
"Klaus Linke" wrote:

It's described in more detail in the article that Charles has linked to.

In case you can't get the

+ means you hold down the keys together.
When you hold down Actr and Alt and -, the cursor changes into a big fat
minus. Every toolbar button or menu item that you click on with that minus
will be zapped.

To turn the cursor normal, you can press the Esc key (top left of the
keyboard).

Greetings,
Klaus

"Island Girl" wrote:
I need more detail. There are 2 Ctl and Alt keys at the bottom of the
keyboard (and I tried both sides). On the dropdown box, I placed the
pointer
over the document name I want to delete, and pressed the Ctl key. As soon
as
I pressed the Alt key as well, the dropdown box disappeared and I was
looking
at the blank screen you get when you first open Word. What am I doing
wrong?
Is there another step I need to take? I'm not sure what the + sign after
Ctl
and Alt in your suggestion means....is that something else I should press
as
well as the Ctl and Alt keys?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can delete it by pressing the kill command key combination:
Ctrl+Alt+-
This turns your mouse pointer into a big - and will delete _any command_
from any menu.
http://addbalance.com/word/workmenu.htm
Use it carefully.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Island Girl" Island wrote in message
I deleted a letter in Word 2003, but it still is listed as an option
when I
open Word and click on File on the tool bar. However, if I select that
option
from the list, Word says it can't find it (because it was deleted). Why
is
it
still listed as an option under File on the tool bar, and how can I
delete
it?