Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Convert Wordstar to Word 2007?

Correct - as explained on the web page from which you downloaded it - and it
does work with Word 2007. I have just tested it.
If you have used the random file name extension capability of Wordstar, you
will not be able to open the files by double clicking from Explorer, as
Windows has a much more rigid filenaming protocol. The registry patch sets
the extension to .ws

"JCW" wrote in message
OPS -- Engage brain before putting [fingers] in gear! I was ASSUMING that
my
previously described solution would not work on Word 2007, since it was
not
advertised to do so. I see that your file, "Wrdstr32.cnv", is identical
the one I just installed successfully on Word 200 and Word 2003. I
further
guess that you intend me to copy that file to some corresponding
converters
directory for Office 2007 and then run the included REG file. Is that
correct? -- JCW

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You can download the old converter from my web site. It still worked with
2007 last time I checked.