Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default italicized word in dictionary

Word's dictionary is only for checking spelling, and has nothing at
all to do with formatting.

When you've finished writing the document, you can use the Replace
function to format all occurrences of the word in italic.

- In the Find What box of the Replace dialog, type the word.

- In the Replace With box, either type the same word or enter the code
^& (which means "the text being found") and press Ctrl+I to turn on
italics. Below the box you should now see "Font: Italic".

- Click the Replace All button.

If your word has multiple forms (plural noun, verb forms, etc.) you
will have to run a separate Replace for each of them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:18:01 -0700, the poet the
wrote:

How do I add an italized word to the Word dictionary? I want the word to
appear automatically italized throught the document. Thanks