Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dbgeorge dbgeorge is offline

Default Word 2007: { Page } number not updating if within { IF... } st

I set the option, but it made no difference.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Under Word OptionsDisplayPrinting options, is the "Update fields before
printing" box checked?

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"dbgeorge" wrote in message
I have a VB programs that opens a Word document, mail merges to a new
document which is then printed. The problem is the { PAGE } number in the
footer is not updating when the mail merge creates the new document if the
{
PAGE } field is within an { IF... } statement. This worked with Word
2000,
but not with Word 2007. If I make the document visible as it is being
updated, the document before the mail merge shows the page numbers
correctly
for each page, but the new document that is created will show page 1 for
each
page.

Example that does not work:
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Property_State } = "VA" "Page { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }"
"" }

Example that does work if not within an { IF... } statement:
Page { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }