Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pubscout pubscout is offline

Default Accents

Thanks for the tip, Jay. But I'm still having a bit of trouble. For example
when I opened the symbol button and found what the keyboard shortcut was, it
would never work. It only opened up some other unrelated dialog box.
CTRL+~,SHIFT,N for example never gave ma an n with a tilde over the top of
it. CTRL+', E never gave me the accented e I sought. I developed a workaround
by changing the shortcut key, but the whole process seems a lot more tedious
than it ought to be.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:19:00 -0700, pubscout
wrote:

How do I add an accented letter to a word in Word? For example, if I want to
accent the "e" in resume (for a job) or put a tilde over the "n" in senor
(Spanish).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm

--
Regards,