Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
HIGHER_LEARNIN[_2_] HIGHER_LEARNIN[_2_] is offline

Default Exporting Autotext & Styles

I did save as a template, still hasn't worked correctly...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, you have to copy the styles via the Organizer as well. Why not just
save your document as a template?

http://word.mvps.org

"HIGHER_LEARNIN" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply Suzanne.

First off, the Autotext did transfer using Organizer and within a Template
version as you stated, but the Styles did not, which is necessary for
trying
to create Drop Down Lists (not using Forms) since they provide ONLY the
Autotext for specific Styles i.e. Lists. Are you able to respond
differently
knowing that additional information, I would appreciate it, thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

AutoText entries cannot be saved in a document. They must be saved in a
template. If you put a template on the network, the entries will be
preserved.

http://word.mvps.org

"HIGHER_LEARNIN" HIGHER_LEARNIN @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in
message ...
I have read MANY postings on the internet regarding this matter and have
yet
to make a "solution" work - ORIGINALLY I was trying to create a drop
down
list WITHOUT using FORMS, so I found a solution using Autotext &
Styles,
my
problem NOW is that once the document is put onto a network, each
individual
computer cannot utilize solution as intended i.e. autotext & styles are
not
saved within document. I was able to export & import Autotext AND
Styles
in
organizer to the additional users, but the document still doesn't
implement
correctly (the styles & autotext) as it does in original document. The
only
way I was able to make it work was to simply transfer normal.dot from
original computer, but I've read EVERYWHERE that I don't want to do
that -
so
what's the SOLUTION?!?

.