Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ranolki

Default bookmarks, hyperlinks and back

Hello everyone.
I hope that I have posted to the appropriate group.

In order to make links within the same document, I have bookmarked the
target text, using a hyperlink in order to reach that point. My problem
is how to easily get back to the original section being read at the
time, bearing in mind that the targeted text may need to be referenced
from several points within the document.
This may sound a little convoluted, so perhaps a hypothetical example
might make it clearer.

A section headed "Adjectives and Nouns" may need to be targeted from
numerous different points within the document. After the "Adjectives and
Nouns" section has been read the reader will then need to return to the
original point. However the "Adjectives and Nouns" section may need to
be referenced from many points within the document, and on each occasion
the reader will wish to return to the original point, wherever that may
be.

I hope this sounds reasonably clear.
I would be very grateful for any advice. It seems to be no problem
jumping from one point in a document to another, but including a simple
return to the starting point has me stumped!

Thanks in advance.