Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert Symbol search

I don't think it's in Office 2007, as this is the first time I've seen it
suggested, but it's not a bad idea. I agree that you can spend a lot of time
looking for symbols, especially if you're searching Arial Unicode MS. But
you can usually narrow down your search somewhat by selecting a
likely-sounding character subset.

"Enu" wrote in message
I spend a lot of unneccesary time hunting throught the Insert Symbol

dialog,
looking through the seemingly random list of Times New Roman characters to
find the one I want. They all have a name (it shows up in caps in the

lower
left side of the dialog), so it would be great if there was a
Find-As-You-Type feature in the Insert Symbol box that would narrow down

the
symbols.

For instance, I could type "degree" and the degree symbol would be left in
the box, or I could type "fraction" to see the three vulgar fraction

symbols.
Any thoughts? Is this in Office 2007 already?

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.