Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default File Name & Path Error

If you're seeing the same thing in Footer File names in both Word and Excel
(and only in file names) it suggests that the problem is in the file names
themselves rather than the presentation by the Office applications. Can you
see the file names correctly elsewhere (the Title Bar, say)? Do you see
similar odd characters in other data added to Footers?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Fisher4" wrote in message
Every time I try to insert the File Name & Path via the Header/Footer
Insert
Function in Word the file name and path displays odd looking text...none
of
which resembles anything legible. I also get the same showing up in
Excel.
Currently operating off our company's server so I'm not sure if its a
setting
within Word or a server setting.