Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Table captions converted to figure captions, & vice versa

Did you create some captions manually? Note that if you later make some
modification in the Caption dialog box (for example, changing the number
format), Word will try to alter all captions (of the same type), which
could destroy any manual changes.

What are the field codes of the problem captions? Press Alt+F9 to find
out.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bufossil" wrote in message
I forgot to mention, I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP SP2. Thanks!

"bufossil" wrote:

I am working in a 100+ page document that contains about 30 figures

and
about 30 tables. Without warning, Word converted all captions to

Table
captions. If I change any of the Table captions back to a Figure

caption,
all captions convert to Figure captions.

Does anyone know what is going on? I found 1 person on the Web (on

different Web site) that had the same problem, but no one provided a
suggestion.

Thanks!