TF

Larry

Actually it is VERY simple. Insert the hyperlink as normal using Insert,
Hyperlink. Note at the top of the Insert Hyperlink dialog, there is a box
that says, Text to Display. Just overwrite the hyperlink with your text.
There also an option the right of the Text to Display window to customise
the Popup Tooltip display as well.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Larry" wrote in message
: Or let's say you've just copied the shortcut to a webpage, or you've
: copied a url from the address bar of a webpage, and you switch back to a
: Word document and you want to make a couple of words of text in that
: document into a hyperlink using that url. What is the quickest way
: (fewest number of steps) of doing that?
:
:
:
: Larry wrote:
: What is the preferred way of assigning a hyperlink to a word or text?
:
: Say you've got a link pasted into a document, something like
: http://www.webpage.com , and you also have, on the same page of the
: document, the text "this web page" which you want to turn into that
: link, so that the words "this web page" will stiill appear, but they
: will be a hyperlink instead of regular text. I do this in various
: ways, but I'm wondering how other people do it.
:
: Thanks.
: Larry
: