Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2002 compatibility update with Word 2007

Here's an excerpt from the Compatibility Pack download page:

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office 2000,
Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and save files
using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007."

Of course you would need to know Word, PPT, Excel, etc 2002 are part of
Office XP. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"KarenR" wrote in message
the Microsoft website says they have a compatibility download to enable
Offfice 2000 or Office 2003 users to access Office 2007 documents such as
Word 2007 .docx document types. I have Word 2002, Powerpoint 2002, etc.
Which
one would I use? Why doesn't the Microsoft website say which one to use
for
2002 products?? Or does it not work for 2002 products?