Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Header first page only - How? Word 2007

Once you've established different first/subsequent page headers, you'll need
to populate them accordingly. Word's default behavior is to omit the header
on the first page when you choose this setting, since that's what people
usually want. It's a simple matter, however, to go into the 2nd page header,
copy it to the clipboard and delete it, then paste it into the 1st page
header.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi Herb - these instructions resulted in the header being deleted from the
*first* page. The header remains on the subsequent pages.

Joe

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
In the Page Layout tab, click the Page Setup launcher (lower right corner
of the Page Setup section). In the Layout tab, click Different first
page. This will enable the first and subsequent pages to have distinct
headers (footers, too), without the need for a section break.

The Page Setup dialog can also be displayed by double-clicking the
vertical ruler.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I have Word 2007 which is part of the Office 2007 Professional
Suite that is being run on XP Pro SP2. I only want the header to appear
on the *first* page of a multi-page *letter* document.

Question: How do I accomplish this?

Thanks

Joe