Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joe727 Joe727 is offline

Default Header first page only - How? Word 2007

Hi Graham - I only brought up Word Perfect because the task I am having
difficulty with in Word 2007 is simple to do in Word Perfect. I have Word
2007 and want to learn how to use it because Word Perfect is dead.

Joe

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Any question is simple when you know the answer. Word Perfect is
irrelevant here. Maybe Suzanne can explain it better -
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Joe727 wrote:
No Joy - I just tried your suggestion and it did not work.

I am coming from the Word Perfect World where accomplishing this is a
simple matter.

Thanks again.

Joe

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Once you've established different first/subsequent page headers,
you'll need to populate them accordingly. Word's default behavior is
to omit the header on the first page when you choose this setting,
since that's what people usually want. It's a simple matter,
however, to go into the 2nd page header, copy it to the clipboard
and delete it, then paste it into the 1st page header.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi Herb - these instructions resulted in the header being deleted
from the *first* page. The header remains on the subsequent pages.

Joe

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
In the Page Layout tab, click the Page Setup launcher (lower right
corner of the Page Setup section). In the Layout tab, click
Different first page. This will enable the first and subsequent
pages to have distinct headers (footers, too), without the need
for a section break. The Page Setup dialog can also be displayed by
double-clicking the
vertical ruler.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Joe727" wrote in message
Hi - I have Word 2007 which is part of the Office 2007
Professional Suite that is being run on XP Pro SP2. I only want
the header to appear on the *first* page of a multi-page *letter*
document. Question: How do I accomplish this?

Thanks

Joe