Graham Mayor

You need the following syntax

{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\path\\{Mergefield fieldname}.TIF"}

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) then F9 to update.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

JDP@Work wrote:
If I have tif image files in an image directory and one merge field
contains the image file name, can I create a string that has the path
to the image folder & the contents of the merge field as a filename?

The resulting link looks correct but the inner merge field w/in the
link results at print time "Error! Not a valid link"

If I set the link to one tiff image via a merge field and update the
link which updates the image link to the current filename but that is
a static link.

If I don't update the merge field, when I print after updating the
database record to a differnt image filename, either I get the
original image file as saved, or the noted error msg.

Is there a way to dynamically have an image file that derives its
file path from a merge field?

TIA

JeffP....