Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott Meyers Scott Meyers is offline

Default Table/Caption Confusion

I wanted to create an image with a caption, so I created a table with one column
and two rows, put the image in the top cell and the caption in the lower cell.
At least that's what I think I did. I don't remember for sure any more, and I
can't decipher what Word is showing me. (Please remember that this is a
newsgroup for new users :-}) I do know that I have a table (because I can get
table properties for the image, though not for the caption) and that the table
has no caption (because choosing "caption..." shows no text), so I know I'm not
using Word's innate caption feature for tables.

What confuses me is that in web layout view, the caption appears below the
image, just as I want. You can see what I see here, where the text at the top
is the last line of the preceding paragraph:

http://www.aristeia.com/Personal/web...out%20view.jpg

However, when I switch to print layout view, the caption appears above the
image, as shown he

http://www.aristeia.com/Personal/pri...out%20view.jpg

Can anybody help me figure out what I've done and how to get Word to always put
the caption text below the image?

Thanks,

Scott